Monday, March 4, 2013

Microwave Carrot Halwa

Chitra's Cuisine 2nd Anniversary

With great pride and lots of joy i'm here celebrating the Second Anniversary of Chitra's Cuisine with all of you. There were days when I used to post a recipe and wait anxiously to see if there are any viewership. Back then, I never imagined/anticipated this blog to survive 2 years. Thanks for your wonderful support and constant encouragement. On this day, I can certainly say that, I cannot dream a day without Chitra's Cuisine. You made me feel that I can cook. You made me feel I can do photography too. I'm truly privileged to have your viewership. I hope to live up to your faith in the days ahead. 

At this time, I also like to thank my hubby for encouraging my passion for photography ( which resulted in a home studio now). And of course, allowed me to build a wardrobe of utensils too :) 

Enjoy the recipe.



Serves 2
Ingredients:
Carrots - 3 long, peeled and grated(about 2 cups)
Sugar - 1 cup (adjust sugar according to your taste)
Low-fat Milk - 1 1/2 cups
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tbspn
Ghee - 3 tbspns
Slivered Almonds - 2 tbspns

Method:
In a microwave safe bowl add ghee and add grated carrots. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
Now add milk and stir gently. Microwave on high for another 5-6 minutes, stirring for every two minutes.
Add cardamom powder and sugar. Stir again. When you add sugar, the mixture turns watery. Now microwave for another 19 minutes* on high or until the carrots turn soft and milk is completely absorbed.
Take another microwave safe bowl and add 1 tbspn of ghee and silvered almonds. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until the color of the slivered almonds slightly change.
Now add this to the above halwa. Serve hot or chilled.
*Depends upon the Microwave you are using. I used 1.5Kw Microwave Oven.
Inspired from here

15 comments:

  1. Congrats on the milestone, Chitra! Wishing you many more to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations for your successful 2nd blog anniversary..
    carrot halwa looks yummy..beautiful click..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!many more posts to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats dear :) Many more years to follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on ur second yr blog anniversary Chitra akka :)
    I have tried and enjoyed many of ur recipies and awaiting for ur future innovations :)
    And today am gonna try this microwave carrot halwa !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all. Lakshmi - try it out and let me know your feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow akka... I cant explain the awesomeness in words.. Came out very well and delicious too.. Its easy to prepare and this dessert fulfilled my get together party yesterday.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lakshmi for the feedback. Im happy that you enjoyed the dish :)

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just tried it .. amazing . :) :) ..I did not fry the nuts separately but grated and put it in , while heating with the milk :)

    First attempt to halwa and it came out really well. Thanks a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback Swarnima. I am glad that it came out well.

      Delete
  10. Madam I tried ur recipe as it was so simple without khoya.it came out wonderful.thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Madam I tried ur recipe as it was so simple without khoya.it came out wonderful.thanks

    ReplyDelete